The newly developed Mavic Cosmic Pro Carbon 17 wheelset for use with rim brakes, including the Instand Drive rear hub and the 52mm high and 25mm wide Aero rims. The system impeller set impresses with the optimal mixture of carbon and an unbeatable price/performance ratio.
In addition, the specially tuned Mavic Yksion tyres are an ideal addition and make the Cosmic Pro Carbon 17 the top wheelset for competition. The Cosmic Pro Carbon 17 rims consist of rim flanks with 12K carbon fabric and a light Maxtal aluminium rim, which is welded at the joint. The Cosmic Pro Carbon 17 wheelset also features stainless steel aero spokes. 16 on the front and 20 on the rear wheel. Mavic also uses the newly designed hubs with the Instand Drive freewheel body, which provide higher lateral rigidity at the rear wheel. Equipped with Mavic QRM+ and durable industrial bearings, which make the hubs a low-maintenance and trouble-free component of the Cosmic Pro Carbon 17 wheelset.ISM - Inter Spoke Milling
Exclusively patented by Mavic. The inner rim base is milled between the rim holes - this saves weight without affecting the durability of the rim. Up to 40g lighter for faster climbing performance
- Less inertia for effortless accelerationGripLink
A good front tyre, whether clincher or tubular, must provide maximum cornering and control. That is why GripLink tyres are optimally designed for use on the front wheel and offer superior grip.
- Maximum cornering safety plus strong steering control: non-slip rubber compound and water-draining tread design
- Full directional stability in every riding situation: smooth and extra dense carcass
- Reduced risk of puncture: firm Kevlar protective layerPowerLink
A good rear tyre, whether clincher or tubular, must ensure optimum power transmission and maximum speed. That's why PowerLink tyres are optimally designed for use on the rear wheel and impress with minimum rolling resistance. Dual compound rubber compound
- Improved rolling characteristics: light, smooth and extra dense carcass
- Even more durable with reduced risk of breakdowns: Dual compound rubber compound plus fixed nylon protection layer
Instant Drive 360QRM+
The new Instant Drive 360 freewheel system is super light and ensures fast adhesion with only 9° pressure angle. A large contact-free rubber seal reduces friction. And a wide selection of stub axles ensures compatibility with many installation standards.
- Oversized axle and hardened aluminium freewheel body save 40 g
- 2 pawls with 40 teeth ensure fast adhesion (9°)
- Radial seal guarantees low friction at high speed and perfect watertightness
- Advanced axle adapters ensure compatibility with any axle standard and freewheel body (quick release, 12x142, HG, ED...)
Qualité de Roulements Mavic +. The most demanding bearing technology from Mavic: with double seal, extremely stable construction and micro-fine adjustability - precision “free” adjustment for maximum fluidity, or perfect high precision setting for all-weather rides.
The aluminium alloy manufactured exclusively for Mavic offers a higher strength-to-weight ratio than conventional 6106 aluminium.
- 30% more stable rims
- Lower rim weight
Soudé Usiné Process. The rim joint is welded and then milled over to achieve an even braking surface.
- Extremely stable rim joint
- Prevents any brake jerking
- Facilitates the spoking and centering of a perfect wheel
Usiné Brut Control - CNC machined braking surfaces.
- Improves the braking effect
- Prevents unpleasant brake jerking